Choosytravellers.com is the champion for tourism is something that should be enjoyed by everyone. Access includes young, elderly and people with disabilities.
Travel by car to see true beauty of South Africa
Business travel are trips and visits are made to your town for a multitude of reasons that could include
selling and servicing their products
conferences and exhibitions
Business travellers, or their co-workers travelling with them, can be people with unique disability accommodation needs.
Elderly or Mobility Travellers with Disabilities
Leisure travel can be a new focus for your town
An experience that creates a unique opportunity for the establishment, traveller and the people involved with “things to do”.
Universal Accessibility can refer to leisure tourism facilities for families with babies, prams, pregnant or breastfeeding mothers.
Tourism facilities for families with babies
Access Benefits all Visitors
Wheelchair users represent 10% of disabled people according to World Health Organization Statistics. There are very specific universal accessibility facilities that need to be responded to and presented on the website for all wheelchair travellers to see with photo of those facilities that comply shown in the gallery
Access Wheelchair Facilities
From the moment wheelchair users arrive the car parking area is under scrutiny. Is it?
- Paved / Tarred parking space – No cobblestones or gravel
Disabled Car Park – clearly signposted
- Paved/Tarred pathway to entrance door – No cobblestones or gravel
- Level /Ramped door entrance. No stairs – Door threshold 15 mm maximum
- Slope of ramp no greater than 1:12
- Level rest place after 10 metres and change of direction
Ramp – external or internal
- Minimum 750 mm clear opening door width – Single doors only
- Level access to dining room
- Level access to bedroom
- Open space of 800 mm next to bed
- Open space of 1200 x 1100 mm in bedroom – wheelchair turning space